Friday, August 31, 2007

#23 Is this really the end? Or just the beginning ...

"And now, the end is near...."

I was already familiar with some of the technologies / tools we visited on this program, but not with others. some, indeed, like YouTube, I had a prejudice (warranted?) against.

So being given the time and so to speak "instructed" to look at these things was very valuable.

I have new knowledge of useful tools like Zoho Writer which I can recommend to library users wanting an online wordprocesser, I have a familiarity with Wikis and blogs, which I see as having great potential for use as procedure manual / awareness tools withing the library.

I've had a lot of fun with image generators, and, yes, even looking at YouTube.

There were some exercises I enjoyed less than others - I can live without Rollyo! - but most I found interesting and well presented.

I've also enjoyed the conversations and unofficial mentoring that has happened with other colleagues doing the program - a brief chat on the desk about one exercise or another, and the handing on of tips and hints.

If the program were extended or added to in the future, I'd put my hand up to participate.

So here's Frank....



and if you're interested in the Sid Vicious version, I won't embed it, but here's a link






No comments: